Bristol & Clifton Golf Club
COVID-19 has affected many aspects of life including the normal running of the golf club. Please take a moment to read our Social Distancing Policy below.
Bristol & Clifton Golf Club is committed to the health, safety and well-being of its members, employees and any visitors to the Club and has a comprehensive Health & Safety Policy with ongoing support from Health & Safety advisors and various industry bodies.
As part of a phased re-opening of the golf club, a Social Distancing Policy has been put in place to ensure members are able to Play Safe, Stay Safe. This approach is commensurate with guidance from government, health authorities and the sport’s governing bodies including England Golf, the R & A, PGA, etc.
“Social distancing” is a public-health protection measure meant to reduce and slow transmission of disease and relates to any environment, both indoors and outdoors. This policy applies to staff, members, visitors and sub-contractors and aligns with guidance from Public Health England. It is important to note that the measures are equally important, before, during and after a round of golf.
Social distancing means keeping space between yourself and other people outside of your home by maintaining a safe distance, not gathering in groups, staying out of crowded places and avoiding mass gatherings. The social distancing measures that have been put in place as a means of minimising contact include:
• All players and persons maintaining a 2 metre (6 foot) distance between others at all stages including car park, putting green, professional shop, 1st tee area, greens and throughout the round
• Keeping the Clubhouse and changing areas closed when necessary
• Limiting the number of persons at any time in the Pro Shop
• Limiting attendance at the club to those who have a booking or arrangement with club staff to visit
• Using on-line and telephone bookings for the golf course and practice facilities
• Advance ordering of Pro Shop goods and services is encouraged
The Bristol & Clifton Golf Club Play Safe, Stay Safe Guide provides comprehensive details of the measures that have been put in place and these should be reviewed before playing golf. It is also imperative that:
• Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, should not play.
• Any players from a household with someone with any symptoms of COVID-19 should not play,
• Any players who are self-isolating should not play
This policy will undergo continuous review and will be updated based on any changing advisories from government, health authorities and the sport’s governing bodies and will advise you of any changes.
Created by intelligentgolf version 10.1.2.
CONGU® is Copyright Council of National Golf Unions.